6.02.2009

on my nightstand: jamie at home

This is the first installment of a new kind of post here on the blog, where I'll detail what I'm reading from the library down the street!

On the nightstand (and kitchen counter sometimes!) is
Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life by Jamie Oliver. This is the first cookbook I've read by Jamie, but I'll definitely be checking out the rest of his books now that I've immersed myself in this one. It's not only beautifully designed and photographed cookbook, but it has tons of information for people with veggie gardens. The book is divided into the four Seasons, and has recipes using ingredients that are in season for that time of the year. It also has tips on growing different fruits and vegetables and cooking techniques. I'm particulary interested in the short section on pickling, which I hope to take up with some of our okra harvest.

No comments: