6.25.2011

by invitation only...


I've been deep in the throes of planning for Violet's first birthday party (already???), so I thought I would share the invites and any other "craftiness" I get into during the preparation. I knew I wanted to include fabric somehow, since I've used so many in her weekly photos. So I came up with a design, printed it out on card stock from Paper Source, then added the little fabric banner at the top with my sewing machine. The insert accompanying the invite asks guests to bring an item for a time capsule for Violet to open on her 18th birthday. (An idea that I really liked that I found here.)

The color scheme for the party is inspired by some coasters and cupcake wrappers that I picked up at Joann's from the Martha Stewart craft line. Next up, a fabric banner.

No comments: