10.02.2011

Finished Product

And here it is - my fininshed contribution to the Etsy Dallas charity event Sit Down to Stand Up for Kids, benefitting the Dallas Children's Advocacy Center. I have titled it "The Doll, The Chair and the Wardrobe."


When I first saw the chair, I was really unsure what to do, since my medium is fabric and I make clothes. I thought about making a little slipcover, but since I recently started making dolls, and the chair seemed the perfect size for a little doll, my wheels started turning! I must admit - making clothes this tiny was hard for me, since I couldn't move some of the fabric through the machine and ended up hand stitching a lot. But I had a seriously fun time making these little creations, each modeled after a larger L+L garment. I know it's a little hard to see the actual chair in this shot - but that's why you need to come on out to the event, to see it as well as all the fantastic designs of my fellow Teamies. I am blown away by the talent in the group again and again, and so humbled and proud to be a part of it!


I hope you'll join us for this event! Details HERE!

No comments: