9.28.2008

overload...



Music is a very big part of my life, and my husband's life. Seeing live music is one of my favorite pastimes, so from time to time, I'll probably be posting things about the bands we see. Here's a rundown so far of who we've seen at the festival:

Friday was great. Saw Jamie Lidell, M. Ward, Mates of State, The Swell Season, and Alejandro Escovedo. Swell Season were my favorites of the day. If you haven't ever seen Once, I highly recommend it. Trivia fact: Swell Season are the only Oscar winners we've ever seen at ACL.

Saturday was a long one. I don't think I've mentioned it on this blog before, but I'm in the process of training for the White Rock Marathon. I ran the Half Marathon last year, and had such a great time, decided to do the full one this year. Well, Saturday happened to be a 10 mile training day on my schedule, so I woke up early, then ran for approximately 2 hours on the hotel treadmill. What a way to start the day! After my run, we got ready and headed over to Zilker Park, where we saw the Old 97s, Jose Gonzalez, Drive-By Truckers, Robert Earl Keen, Spiritualized (my favorite of the day), John Fogerty, Iron & Wine, and Beck.

By the end of the day, my legs were locking up and I was sunburnt and covered with dust from head to toe. But I couldn't have had a better day.

No comments: